We’re excited to announce the official launch of MOORvision’s Digital Box Office!
The MOORvision Digital Box Office, or as we like to call it, MOORvision DBO, is engineered to support independent integrity on each level of the filmmaking experience, from the creative to the business end, it being the closest online streaming platform to mirroring the movie theater box-office system and film economy for the everyday filmmaker and consumer to capitalize on, digitally.
All subscribers are immediately able to submit a project to Digital Box Office. There are no additional or hidden fees for submitting a project, and there’s no limit on how many projects a Creator can submit. To submit a project, a creator should go to My Account Creator Office Add New Project. There you will find the project submission form. When submitting a project, you will be asked to submit a download link to a folder that includes your project file, trailer link/file, project poster image, and a few stills. Make sure that each file is in maximum possible resolution, so that we can deliver the best quality content to the viewers.
Helping establish your creative identity on MOORvision.
- Creator page subscribers: Personally, one of our favorite features – you can develop a recurring income stream by offering subscriptions to your Creator Page. When setting up a subscription, you can choose the subscription price, billing cycle (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.), and whether it will give the subscribers access to all of your projects, or only specific ones, leaving the other projects to only be accessible through a ticket purchase.
- Profile section: Creators can list their reels, resume, profile image, and other detailed background information for their viewers or peers to see.
- Project library: Where all of your content will be on display for your viewers.
- Multi-currency checkout system: MOORvision accepts payments that are geolocation based. The currency will adjust according to the customer’s selected billing country. So consumers can purchase your content from around the globe and not have to worry about exchange rates!
- Watchlist (beta): A public or private playlist of your favorite content in the digital box-office that you can share and recommend to your viewers.
Where your daily creator business is taken care of.
- Project dashboard: A dashboard where Creators can see the overview of their uploaded content.
- Legal Agreement Pool: Creators have access to a pool of film industry standard legal agreements, essential to protect and move their art forward.
- User Subscriptions: See every user that’s personally subscribed to your page.
- Order History: Track the history of each sale.
- Account Balance: Creators can track personal earnings and also withdraw from their account.
- Coupons: Creators can create their own coupons for digital tickets to their projects, subscriptions, and merch & ancillaries.
- Report & Analytics: Creators can see the analytics of their projects to potentially improve their performance with data-driven decision making.
- Reviews: Every review you receive on your projects/products from your creator page.
- Announcements: Where you will be notified on updates and the latest MOORvision site news.
- Staff Manager (beta): Creators are offered management administrative settings. You can let anyone manage different aspects of your office, page, and store as a staff, while being able to restrict any access from whomever you want.
Purchasable services for “MOORvision Creator” subscribers (coming soon).
- Cinematic Movie Trailer Edit: Don’t have a trailer to match the quality of your motion picture yet to build anticipation for your release? MOORvision has different variations of trailers that can be cut for you!
- Custom Digital Movie Tickets: Physical Digital Movie Tickets designed for your project that you can order and sell at any price of your choosing, or have as memorabilia for your release.
- Custom Merch & Ancillaries Design & Distribution: Want to release merchandise for your project, but have to pay for the design and fulfillment process under different platforms? Our team can design and take care of the fulfillment of anything you need with a variety of options for products to sell, so supporters can purchase from the same site they’ve watched the project.
- Film Poster Design & Distribution: Our team can design a full-resolution design of your film poster for viewers to see in the project library, and be made available to purchase with framing through your Creator Page.
- Closed Captions & Translations: Our team can provide creators with closed captions and translations to 15 different languages for your project or trailer.
- Digital Marketing Packages: Purchase different packages for the self-marketing/branding of your projects.
Once your project starts selling and earnings hit your account, you can request to make a withdrawal. We pay out the earnings directly to the Creator’s PayPal account. We take 10% commission off each sale, and that commission helps us cover the transaction fees and allows us to continue improving our services. The amount that’s shown in your Account Balance tab reflects the amount with the commission already subtracted. Once the viewer buys a project, he’ll have access to it forever.
Once submitted, your project will undergo review to make sure it complies with our guidelines. All submitted projects will be accepted & approved as long as they follow the guidelines. You may not submit any content that:
- Infringes any third party’s copyrights or other rights (e.g., trademark, privacy rights, etc.);
- Is sexually explicit or promotes a sexual service;
- Is defamatory;
- Is harassing or abusive;
- Contains hateful or discriminatory speech;
- Promotes or supports terror or hate groups;
- Contains instructions on how to assemble explosive/incendiary devices or homemade/improvised firearms;
- Exploits or endangers minors;
- Depicts or encourages self-harm or suicide;
- Depicts unlawful real-world acts of extreme violence, or animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals;
- Promotes fraudulent or dubious money-making schemes, proposes an unlawful transaction, or uses deceptive marketing practices;
- Contains false or misleading claims about vaccination safety, or health-related information that has a serious potential to cause public harm;
- Contains false or misleading information about voting;
- Contains conspiracy-related content where the underlying conspiracy theory makes claims that suggest that a real-world tragedy did not occur, or violate other content restrictions; or
- Violates any applicable law.
A Few More Things
Creators can already submit their projects to Digital Box Office.
Viewers can browse the Digital Box Office library of content without having to sign-up. Users who want to subscribe to individual Creator Pages do not have to be an active MOORvision subscriber.
In order to become a creator on the Digital Box-office platform, you have to pay only $25/year for the “MOORvision Creator” subscription!
We will also be regularly highlighting select projects by having our editors team pick them to display at the top of the Digital Box Office. We also plan on introducing Digital Box Office Highest Grossing Charts very soon, which will display the best performing projects on weekly basis.
MOORvision is in a very good place today, and we’re happy to be able to finally share this with you all! There is diligent work being done on the site on a daily basis, so we hope you all like and enjoy the first version of something we plan on constantly refining for weeks, months, and years to come!
We have since released an update, you can read about newest features here.
If we haven’t addressed any questions you still have regarding this, let us know!